Registered Monitoring Technician
Job posting number: #7103590 (Ref:ccf16076701)
Posted: June 20, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs long-term monitoring of adult and pediatric patients using closed circuit and digital audio/visual equipment, electro physiological recording instruments while interacting with patients.
- Performs all functions of an Registered EEG Technologist including assisting physicians in the reading and interpretation of EEG and clinical seizures.
- Performs record keeping duties using the computer, maintains daily logs of the patients status and reports same to co-workers.
- Compiles and forwards billing information to the work leader or supervisor.
- Sets-up for recording and stimulation of monitoring electrodes and care for patients with invasive electrodes and assists with head dressing changes for invasive monitored patients.
- Assists with "Spect Scans".
- Assists physicians in research studies, protocols and documentation.
- Associate's Degree in Electroneurodiagnostics or related patient care field.
- Registered EEG Technologist (R.EEG.T) with Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Minimum one year recent experience in Epilepsy long term monitoring.
- Knowledge of all areas of general EEG testing and instrumentation plus demonstrated competency of long term epilepsy monitoring techniques and interventions.
- Manual dexterity in order to place electrodes precisely and to operate recording equipment.
- Ability to push and maneuver EEG machine weighing 320 pounds.
- Requires normal or corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease and body fluids.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Monitors electrophysiological data on patients in special recording rooms and at other locations using closed circuit audio/visual equipment as well as electrophysiological recording instruments using both surface recording electrodes as well as electrophysiological recording instruments.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.