Job posting number: #7103584 (Ref:ccf16076697)
Posted: June 20, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Appropriately stocks the carts and surgical suites with the required supplies as outlined on the anesthesia surgical suite stock par list.
- Assist with difficult airway management by assisting with equipment needs from the providers.
- Assists in the delivery of blood samples to the lab and retrieval of blood products.
- Assists with lines and specialty room set-ups.
- Disassembles, decontaminates and sterilizes anesthesia equipment and supplies. Report equipment problems to the management team.
- Performs Point of Care (POCT) testing procedures, after an initial approved competency has been completed.
- Effectively communicates with anesthesia and operating room staff to assure daily operating room assignments are prioritized at the start of each shift. Remains accessible in operating rooms at all times.
- Efficiently transports all anesthesia related equipment and supplies to and from outside of Operating Rooms off-site locations.
- Maintains complete and accurate records and checks status of orders and equipment
- Maintains an adequate supply of all stock items in work room and keeps the work room clean and in an orderly condition.
- Maintains anesthesia supplies by establishing inventory levels; requisitioning supplies; restocking supply
- Maintains equipment by preparing, testing, and setting up a variety of anesthetic equipment for surgical use; troubleshooting equipment for problems or repairs; performing preventative maintenance and routine cleaning.
- Participates in turning over rooms assuring minimal downtime between cases.
- Retrieves and appropriately distributes the equipment necessary to prepare a patient for anesthesia. This includes specialty equipment for invasive lines and monitoring, difficult airway, and pediatric procedures.
- Retrieves, carries, and appropriately distributes necessary medications to the Anesthesiologist, CRNA, or AA for the preparation or care of a patient for anesthesia.
- Supports the anesthesia provider by setting up IV's
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of one year experience working in a healthcare setting or successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or similar healthcare-related training program. Direct patient care and/or surgical/OR environment experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint preferred
- Extended periods walking, standing, lifting and carrying equipment (usually not over 20 lbs.).
- Capable of pushing and maneuvering equipment weighing up to 150 pounds. May be exposed to bodily fluids.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Performs a variety of duties related to and involving the processing and preparing of room, equipment and supplies for the patients undergoing anesthetic procedures.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.