Advanced Practitioner (NP) within an outpatient care setting at the BSLMG location. Support the healthcare system with the management of specified populations though independent and collaborative clinical management.
Minimum Experience: Two-Five (2-5) years of Medical experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective communication skills
- Able to facilitate change
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Education Required: Master’s degree in in Nursing.
Experience Required: None required.
Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care.
- Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective.
- Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve.
- Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.