Senior Accounting Clerk
Oklahoma City, OK
Job posting number: #7101683 (Ref:3128524)
Posted: June 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
OMRF is an independent, not-for-profit biomedical research institute adjacent to the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) campus in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City offers a dynamic and flourishing downtown area, with low cost of living, short commute times and a diversified economy.
OMRF's excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Posts data to accounting software to record, store, and analyze information. Generates reports and discusses results or discrepancies with supervisor.
- Analyzes vendor and customer statements to resolve any discrepancies in the payment record.
Calculates, prepares, and issues bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures with minimal supervision or oversight.
- Verifies figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes. Reconciles daily deposits, daily cash reports, receipts, and resolves discrepancies with minimal supervision.
- Accesses computerized financial information to resolve issues from vendors or internal departments with minimal input from supervisor.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Maintains file of outstanding and completed purchase orders, requisitions and all support document files.
- May assist with training of new Accounting Clerks.
- Functions as backup when co-workers are on leave of absence or during peak Accounting periods.
- Operates a calculator, typewriter, computer, and copier to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent with 5 years of relevant experience experience or combination of relevant experience and education. Knowledge of accounting, applicable accounting software system, and Microsoft Office Suite. Understands the purpose, objectives, practices, and procedures of the department. Understands the principles and processes for providing customer service to scientific and administrative departments. Works independently and as a team player. Performs complex mathematical computations. Understands theoretical and practical accounting concepts. Communicates verbally and via email keeping other departments informed of developments affecting their purchase orders or requisitions. Receives and obtains information from relevant sources. Receives and carries out tasks in a cooperative manner. Remains calm and professional when dealing with difficult situations and tight deadlines. Recognizes the difference between low and high priority assignments. Demonstrates ability to perform a wide range of assignments and initiative when carrying out assignments. Provides responsive follow-up to questions and problems. Consistent, dependable, and accurate when carrying out responsibilities. Suggests new ideas and approaches to improve efficiency. Solves problems in conformance with accounting policies. Performs with accuracy, thoroughness and orderliness when performing work assignments. Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative relationships with co-workers and other departments. Takes advantage of computer databases and software to input and generate information and data. Maintains high standard of ethics. Uses office equipment including but not limited to computer, calculator, copier, and typewriter. OMRF has mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment. Applicants must have received, or be willing to receive, a COVID-19 vaccine by their start date to be considered for employment.
To apply, visit https://careers-omrf.icims.com/jobs/1432/senior-accounting-clerk/job?in_iframe=1
OMRF’s excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.jeid-6d3ed9983a9929449648ba4d3b0b76e4