QUALITY PATIENT SAFETY SPECIALIST
Job posting number: #7088039 (Ref:hlj_33646)
Posted: October 28, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Quality & Patient Safety Specialist will be responsible for facilitating the efforts of the Center to optimize patient safety and quality in all aspects of care delivery.
- This position will support the Quality & Patient Safety Department and the Medical Staff Performance Improvement Committees in identifying safety and quality opportunities center-wide and within the medical staff services.
- The Specialist will act as a subject expert consultant in best practices for performance improvement methodology as well as regulatory guidance.
- This position will gather data via chart abstraction and informatics reports and formulate data and clinical information into a meaningful presentable fashion for the PI committees and chairs to make informed decisions based on accurate information.
- This position will be responsible for working the Service Chiefs and Program leaders for the Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation Process.
- This Quality & Patient Safety Specialist will function as the loop closure between the medical staff PI committees and the Center performance improvement teams and patient safety initiatives in order to ensure loop closure and keep the medical staff PI leadership informed.
- This position will serve on Center safety committees and work along with Risk Management to ensure processes are in place and monitored to support the success of change.
- This position will lead performance improvement teams from various outside agencies that the Center feels important to improve the process and care of the patients.
- This position requires excellent communication skills, clinical skills, critical thinking, understanding of the nursing process, project management skills, regulatory, patient safety, data analysis, team building, and change leadership skills.
- Master's Degree - Nursing or related field (PREFERRED)
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing or related field (REQUIRED)
- RN License - REQUIRED
- BLS - PREFERRED
- CPHQ (Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality) - PREFERRED
- CPPS (Certified Professional in Patient Safety) - PREFERRED
- Clinical Nurse Specialist / Clinical Nurse Leader
Minimum Experience Required:
- Process Improvement Methodology Experience - Willingness to achieve Six Sigma Yellow Belt within 1 year of hire if not already achieved.
- Quality, Regulatory, Risk Management, Or Patient Safety Experience in an Acute Care Hospital - 3 Years
- Registered Nurse Clinical Experience - 5 Years
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.