Immunology Tenure-Earning Faculty
Job posting number: #7088035 (Ref:hlj_33644)
Posted: October 28, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Immunology at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute (Moffitt) is seeking outstanding applicants for a tenure track faculty position at the Associate or Senior Member/Full Professor level.
• Research projects focused on any of the following areas: molecular approaches and signal transduction mechanisms related to studies of T cells, functional screening of immune cell states, immunotherapy, gene regulation in immune cells, bioinformatics, cancer genetics, and functional genomics.
• Areas of interest can include, but need not be limited to: T cell signaling, roles of myeloid cells in cancer, genetic engineering of immune cells, antigen discovery, mechanisms of immunosuppression in the tumor microenvironment, novel checkpoint inhibitory mechanisms, regulatory lymphocytes at tumor beds and epigenetic mechanisms governing anti-tumor immunity.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Develop independent research program in Immunology that complements the Department's existing strengths in the immunobiology of cancer and cancer immunotherapy.
• Candidates with demonstrated strength in any area of immunobiology will be considered, but preference will be given to candidates with a record of accomplishments and/or research plans focused on tumor immunology.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• PhD or MD/PhD degree, suitable doctoral and postdoctoral training in Immunology, and an outstanding track record of top-tier publications in the function of the immune system.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, their Curriculum Vitae, a synopsis of their past and current research programs (2-4 pages), and the names of 3 individuals who could provide letters of reference to Dr. José Conejo-García, Chair of the Department of Immunology at Moffitt, via e-mail to Jose.Conejo-Garcia@moffitt.org.
The generous recruitment package includes a highly competitive salary, a laboratory start-up fund, ample laboratory space and a stimulating and highly collaborative and collegial environment. Notably, Moffitt offers unique collaborative opportunities in numerous immunotherapeutic trials, in addition to a state-of-the-art FDA approved CLIA certified GMP Cell Therapy Facility.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.