Job posting number: #7085320 (Ref:hlj_32791)
Posted: September 15, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope. Moffitt Cancer Center is recruiting for a Full Time Glass Wash Assistant on our Research Team in Tampa, FL.
The Glass Wash Assistant is responsible for performing basic and specialty labware cleaning, sterilizing and procedures as requested by research faculty and staff utilizing glassware washing instruments, conveyor loading systems, autoclaves and high temperature ovens in the glass wash facilities according to established protocols. Returns glassware to team members that is of high quality and contaminate free. Routine maintenance/cleaning and troubleshooting of equipment and facility is essential. Collaboration with all Moffitt Research labs.
- Responsible for performing standard and custom glassware cleaning and sterilization procedures utilizing manual and automated equipment and techniques such as specialty cleaning baths, and scientific cleaning instrumentation.
- Assists with lab coat laundering collection & delivery, inventory, assignment and collection to team members.
- Ability to maintain and successfully troubleshoot complex automated instrumentation.
- Maintains an adequate level of fixer and developer in the dark rooms – monitors and maintains the cleanliness of the dark rooms on a daily basis.
- Documents usage by written documentation and entering the data as required and maintains an adequate inventory of stock items.
The ideal candidate will have:
- HS Diploma/GED required
- Dish room or glass wash experience or housekeeping/environmental services desired.
- Must be able to take follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to document in written form daily activities including but not limited to data tracking.
- Ability to multitask and effective use of time is required.
- Ability to adhere to policies and work rules set forth in the "Employee Guide" and the departmental policy and procedure manual including, but not limited to, the areas of appearance, uniform, safety, confidentiality, and smoking
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.