EVS Team Lead*
Job posting number: #7085307 (Ref:135493)
Posted: September 15, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Serves as team leader of assigned function while also performing the duties of an Environmental Service Worker.
- Conducts general training for new employees in floor care, wall washing, carpet cleaning, and special procedures.
- Cleans patient rooms and other assigned areas daily, including collecting and removing trash, changing bed linens and sanitizing all surfaces.
- Follows policies and procedures on patient isolation.
- Stocks paper items and other supplies in patient rooms as necessary or designated.
- Maintains cart and equipment in clean, working condition and stores in appropriate storage area when finished with shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- A minimum of one year experience in Environmental Services preferred with strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others in coordinating multiple tasks.
- Some leadership or experience providing work direction helpful.
- Typical physical demands include ability to perform duties while standing or walking for majority of day, ability to push and pull equipment such as beds, trash trucks, and floor buffers and scrubbers; ability to stoop, stretch, and lift while performing duties.
- Medium Work Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.