Customer Service Rep - Full Time & PRN
Job posting number: #7085257 (Ref:57323)
Posted: September 14, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
**REMOTE OPPORTUNITY!** (must reside in Ohio)
Our Customer Service Department in Finance has Full Time and PRN positions available!! PRNs will train 40hrs/wk for the first 6-8 weeks and then move to a PRN schedule which is a min of 16/hr week. Seeking energetic customer service focused individuals!
- Provides clear written and verbal responses to patients who have concerns about their insurance explanation of benefits and Cleveland Clinic billing statement.
- Utilizes templates and scripted responses.
- Uses revenue cycle knowledge to identify and resolve issues related to registration, financial clearance, insurance company authorization requirements, billing, insurance company explanation of benefits, provider based billing, governmental requirements, HCAP/FAP polices and restrictions, MyAccount, coding and collections.
- Multi-tasks with multiple computer systems to communicate with patients and investigate, resolve and document patient inquires.
- Identifies and resolves patient account issues across the organization.
- Collects payments and ensures that the dollar amount is posted to the correct debit and according to the patient request.
- Offers payment options to patients as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- An Associate's Degree may substitute for up to one year of the stated experience OR a Bachelor's Degree may substitute for up to two years of stated experience.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of 2 years in health insurance claims processing, customer service or banking collections call center or medical facility is required OR must possess a minimum of 3 years customer service interacting with the public by telephone or in person in a similar role or capacity.
- Demonstrated PC skills proficiency.
- Sit at desk and key on PC.
- Must be able to operate and tolerate a headset.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.