Job posting number: #7085255 (Ref:641)
Posted: September 14, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
DAY/SHIFT/HOURS: Monday - Friday
Day Shift – Hours Can Vary
STATUS:Full-Time (RF Status - 80 Hours/Pay Period)
As an employee of Union Hospital, it is the responsibility of this, and all positions within the Hospital, to support the mission and role of Union Hospital. In addition, this position will actively support the Hospital’s strategic plan in the areas of People, Service, Quality, Finance and Growth, in a team-based environment. The employee also performs all job duties in compliance with laws and regulations and in observance of accrediting agency standards.
Works under the supervision of the Supervisor of HIM Code and abstract data from Same Day Care, Emergency Care, and Observation records utilizing Meditech/CAC and the 3M-encoder system as applicable, utilizing ICD-10-CM and current CPT manuals. Maintain current knowledge relating to CCI manual, Federal and State guidelines. This position also trains new hires for any of the coding positions. Performs other duties as assigned.
All employees of Union Hospital are expected to adhere to the ICARE Standards of Behavior
- Behave in an honest, ethical and responsible manner at all times
- Exhibit kindness and compassion in each and every interaction
- Take ownership of your performance, interactions, decisions, and appearance
- Treat everyone with utmost regard and courtesy
Core Competencies for the Position
- ICD-10-CM, CPT Proficient, coding Same Day Care, Emergency Center, Observation, and Outpatient Rehabilitation following AHIMA Coding Productivity standards for each service area. Following AHIMA Coding Productivity standards for each service area.
- Maintain 95% coding accuracy.
- Abstracts the coded data using 3M, Meditech and/or Computerized Assisted Coding software applications.
- Ability to utilize reports to improve productivity, auditing of unbilled accounts, etc.
- Must be able to have good customer service.
- Must follow all regulatory compliance coding standards.
- Demonstrates competency and follows safety, infection control, and emergency standards.
- Complete assignments as requested by the director within stated deadlines.
- Maintains education hours for ICD-10-CM and CPT if applicable.
- Demonstrates competency and follows safety, infection control, and emergency standards
- Demonstrates responsible behavior through compliance to the Hospital’s Attendance Policy
- Completes assignments as requested by the director within stated deadlines
- If working from home, home office must meet hospital policy standards.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.