REMOTE Lead Epic Reporting Analyst
Job posting number: #7084751 (Ref:10012957)
Posted: September 4, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionAbout City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. May sit in any of the 48 States
The Epic Reporting team at City of Hope functions as the primary support team and contact for Epic reporting. Reporting into the Reporting Manager, the Epic Reporting Analyst will work with various customers to understand and document complex requirements, design and implement reports, and coordinate issues that arise during the reporting project. The Lead Reporting Analyst is a technical leader with a high degree of knowledge in the overall field and recognized deep expertise in specific functional areas.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Designs and developments moderately complex reporting solutions
- Performs in-depth and precise investigation and documentation of operational & report specifications
- Functions as the primary support contact and expert for Epic reports.
- Defines requirements and develops standard reports
- Develops data extracts
- Creates dashboards
- Works with team members, users, and others to triage requests
- Conducts report testing and data validation
- Serves as the primary contact to troubleshoot problems and questions from end-users regarding reports and reporting functions
- Provides excellent service to both internal and external customers
- Provides status reports to management when required.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
- Develops and documents internal procedures and establishes change control processes for development, modification and retirement of reports
- Provides guidance and serve as a technical resource to more junior level (Epic Report Writer I& II) staff
- Participates in interviews and makes recommendations as to who should be hired
- Functions with a high degree of autonomy
- Leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality.
- Understands strategies, determines business needs, and participates in planning and implementing Epic upgrades.
- Manages programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources
- Analysis of unique issues or problems without precedent and/or structure
- Acts as user liaison between clinical or business departments and Information Systems; providing domain expertise and experience for multiple interacting healthcare departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree - preferably in computer science, business administration, finance, healthcare administration or related field.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 7+ years healthcare experience in a technical, clinical or revenue cycle operations role
- 4-7 years of SQL Server
- Epic Clarity Data Model
- 2+ relevant Epic Modules
- Cogito / Caboodle
- Chronicles / Workbench
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Prior Epic implementation and/or upgrade experience
- Experience applying knowledge of workflows to implement a system that meets business needs.
- Technical leader with a high degree of knowledge in the overall field and recognized expertise in specific areas
- Business Objects
- Ability to independently resolve technical issues
- Ability to work independently, handling significant responsibility, and prioritizing multiple assignments.
- Superior ability to work with reporting customers to understand and document complex reporting needs and can coordinate all issues that arise during the reporting project.
- Ability to anticipate design or technical problems and suggest viable alternatives
- Deep functional expertise in clinical or revenue cycle
- Ability to create reports that integrate multiple databases.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate interdisciplinary teams as assigned.
- Has superior ability to work with reporting customers to understand and document complex reporting needs and can coordinate all issues that arise during the reporting project.
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio.
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Sep 3, 2021
- Job Field: Information Technology
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.