Clinical Research Coordinator and Nurse
Oklahoma City, OK
Job posting number: #7084708 (Ref:2476372)
Posted: September 3, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
OMRF is an independent, not-for-profit biomedical research institute adjacent to the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) campus in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City offers a dynamic and flourishing downtown area, with low cost of living, short commute times and a diversified economy.
OMRF's excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Coordinates and executes Sjögren’s research projects. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work closely with principal investigators to assist with identification and recruitment of patients and controls into our clinical research projects. The coordinator will work in a Sjögren’s Research Clinic and will be engage directly with subjects participating in research projects performing nursing duties, sample collections, review and abstraction of data from medical records, interface with investigators and clinical coordinators at other research sites, manage and maintain regulatory documents including submissions/reports to the IRB. Comply with FDA, ICH/GCP, and HIPAA rules and regulations.
Tasks require a high level of organizational skills and the ability to ask the right questions to determine proper course of action while following established standards and research protocols.
1. Sjögren’s Research Clinic. Conducts research and assists researchers by recruiting patients, determining eligibility, and seeing patients through research studies including obtaining informed consent, administering questionnaires, taking medical histories, performing study procedures, assisting the clinicians performing invasive procedures, counseling patients, and performing all study related tasks as outlined in study protocols and in adherence with GCP, ICH, and HIPAA regulations.
2. Chart Review. Performs medical chart review to abstract data for research including but not limited to constructing medical history and medications chronology, evaluating disease progression, and mapping symptom and biomarker associations.
3. Communication. Liaises between principal investigator, patients, third party patient care service providers, members of the non-OMRF collaborating sites, and governing agencies to ensure strict adherence to protocol and regulations throughout study conduct. Excellent written and oral communications required.
4. Patient Care. Assesses and records symptoms, vital signs, and other patient information required for research protocols and to prepare patient for examination. Review records for documentation of study inclusion/exclusion criteria. Carries out physician orders for testing and treatment and coordinates follow-up care of patients. Assists patients with immediate post-procedure care after oral and ocular evaluations.
5. Sample Collection. Collects samples from patients including blood, urine, saliva, etc. Prepares samples for analysis or shipment. Collects all laboratory reports, data, and records. Excellent phlebotomy skills required.
6. Data Management. Gathers, organizes, analyzes, and submits patient and research data to principal investigators, scientists, and sponsors. Computer skills required.
7. As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Education: Completion of an accredited practical nursing programKnowledge of HIPAA and IRB rules and regulations requiredExperience: 12 months nursing experienceCertifications/ Licenses: Certification and registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma
To apply, visit https://careers-omrf.icims.com/jobs/1310/clinical-research-nurse/job?in_iframe=1
OMRF’s excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.