Job posting number: #7081508
Posted: July 22, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
College of Western Idaho values work-life balance. Taking care of today's needs is as important as planning for the future.
Our total compensation for benefited employees includes:
Benefits at a Glance: Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance Premium Rates
Educational Tuition Waiver Benefit
Retirement plans with over 11% employer contribution
Flexible Spending Account
Employer-paid life and disability insurance
Ten paid holidays (faculty may vary)
Vacation and sick leave accruals (faculty may vary)
Discounts from local businesses
For additional details visit Office of Group Insurance.
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) expands learning and life opportunities, encourages individual advancement, contributes to Idaho’s economic growth, strengthens community prosperity, and develops leaders.
We are a comprehensive community college providing higher education programs. We offer a full range of academic and career-technical courses leading to an Associate of Arts or Science degree, Associate of Applied Science degrees, continuing education, and certifications. CWI also offers Basic Skills Education to help prepare for a GED, Dual Credit for high school students, and fast-track career training for working professionals.
At CWI we are proud of our talented and dedicated faculty and staff. Our employees have an opportunity to make a difference in students’ lives every day. We are excited for you to join us and share our passion for higher education.
Faculty members in the Registered Nursing Program teach assigned classes in accordance with the College’s established policies and guidelines, assist in student advising, fulfill committee assignments, and perform responsibilities as assigned. Full-time faculty may be assigned to teach at our Canyon Counter Center (in Nampa) and various clinical sites.
Instructors at CWI are expected to focus on mastering disciplinary content, developing and strengthening their ability to prepare and present instructional materials, and assessing student performance. Instructors are focusing on inclusive student-centered pedagogy and familiarizing themselves with the college, its resources, systems, and departmental curriculum in order to facilitate student success and persistence across the student lifecycle. Professional development at the rank of instructor focuses on student achievement. Instructors are engaged in the institution in areas where their participation and skill set has the greatest potential for impact on the success of students.
• Develop and maintain inclusive, student-centered pedagogy to meet the unique needs of
CWI’s diverse community college population.
• Focus on continuous improvement of course curriculum, content delivery, assessment,
and responsiveness to students.
• Establish and maintain a record of teaching excellence.
• Assist in the development and/or revision of curriculum at the course level.
• Develop professional relationships to familiarize oneself with the college, its resources,
and its systems.
• Engage in service activities that support student and personal success.
• Become conversant with department/program-level initiatives.
• Understand and engage with planning and/or assessment at the department/program level.
• Work with supervisors to determine how one’s professional expertise and interests
contribute to student and personal success.
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Experience teaching is preferred. Three years of clinical experience preferred.
• Willingness to work cooperatively, communicate clearly and be a team player.
• Ability to adapt to a variety of teaching methodologies including lectures, group activities,
individual instruction, distance learning, and teaching with technology.
• Commitment to professional growth and development.
• Ability to advise students.
• Proficiency in usage of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications.
• Experience using instructional technology to deliver courses online preferred
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.