NEW ORLEANS, LA
Job posting number: #7068966
Posted: August 19, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionResearch Assistant/ Associate
Do you want to apply cutting edge neurodiscovery platforms to empower advancements in neuroscience? If so, AxoSim is looking for you.
We are looking for a Research Associate to support assay development and execution as we work alongside our pharma partners to develop safer and more effective treatments. In this role, you will support the lab research staff as they take on commercial studies and special projects relating to the development, validation, and implementation of drug screening models. These positions are key to operations at AxoSim, spanning from execution to supervisory and management responsibilities. Title will be commensurate with levels accommodating entry-level to 5+
years of laboratory experience..
• Perform standard laboratory benchwork.
• Manage individual projects and assist with experimental design, including supervising working teams (specific level and duties will be assigned based on experience).
• Oversee standard operating procedures, data analysis, database development, and quality systems maintenance.
Prerequisites (your must-haves):
• MS (or BS with demonstrable adequate experience) in neuroscience, biology, biomedical engineering, or related fields.
• 3-5+ years’ experience working in a laboratory environment, preferably industry focused.
• Proficient with standard lab techniques, particularly cell culture and sterile aseptic technique.
• Demonstrable experience with project management, processes and quality systems.
• Thrives in a fast-paced deadline-oriented “project team” environment delivering a variety of commercial projects.
• Organized, flexible, resourceful and proactive.
•Electrophysiology experience is a significant plus.
•Statistical data analysis and programming.
•Experience with standard biological techniques, including immunocytochemistry, histology, and microscopy.
•Experience with personnel management is a plus.
AxoSim is a contract research organization that empowers advancements in human neuroscience through our drug discovery platforms. NerveSim™ is the only in vitro model with high levels of Schwann cell myelination and human-relevant electrical and structural metrics. BrainSim™ recreates a biomimetic 3D environment, featuring a unique combination of neurons, astrocytes, and oligodendrocytes. We help pharmaceutical companies develop drugs faster by mimicking the in vivo nervous system in an in vitro setting.
At AxoSim our diverse team of scientists, engineers, scholars, and support personnel come from around the world. Together, we enjoy a great working environment and rich opportunities to learn, engage, and make a difference. We offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental and paid time off.
How to Apply
Please apply to Gina Jackson via email at email@example.com with:
• Cover Letter
*Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Proof of eligibility will be required for hire. No Phone Calls Please. *
***AxoSim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. An employment application with AxoSim is not an employment contract, and is merely intended to evaluate suitability for employment. Employment with AxoSim is "at will" unless otherwise specified in writing. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice, except as otherwise specified in writing.***