Lecturer in Secondary Science/Math Education
Job posting number: #7068384
Posted: July 29, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Science and Engineering invites applications for a non-tenure track, 9-month Lecturer of Secondary Science/Math Education to work as a Master Teacher with the UHCLTeach program at the University of Houston-Clear Lake. This person will work with and support the UHCLTeach Co-Directors to develop, maintain, and ensure the sustainability of the program.
Please note: Reappointment is dependent upon continual satisfactory job performance and available future funding.
The responsibilities include teaching undergraduate UHCLTeach preparation courses, focused on fostering a deep understanding of STEM concepts and processes.
Supervise field-based teacher development.
Contribute to University and departmental committees and to professional organizations.
Service at the College, University, and professional level is expected, including outreach to K-12 schools.
Standard full-time teaching load is 12 teaching credits per semester, for a total of 24 for an academic year. Additional instructional-related duties connected to student mentoring and program development will be assigned.
1. Candidate must have a Master’s Degree or higher, preferably in math or science education, or a science discipline.
2. Must have current U.S. 9-12 science teacher certification.
3. Must be able to demonstrate experience as a secondary (9-12) classroom teacher.
4. Interest in participating in a professional teacher preparation program.
5. Expertise in appropriate use of instructional technology.
6. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
8. Must have clear, precise, and effective written and oral communication skills.
Public school experience.
Required Attachments by Candidate: Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy or Statement
Notes to Applicant:
To apply, please complete the online faculty application and attach a curriculum vitae, a one-page statement of teaching philosophy. Reference providers will be contacted electronically for final candidates only. The University of Houston-Clear Lake is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer supporting workplace diversity. The university hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States.