Senior Programmer Analyst
Job posting number: #7066349
Posted: May 20, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPosting Text
SDSU rated the #2 Best Employer in the State of South Dakota by Forbes is offering an exciting career as a Senior Programmer Analyst with our IT Programming department.
Job Responsibilities: The purpose of this position is to provide programming that will ensure timely project completion to the Programming Team office’s satisfaction and meet the needs of our users, the larger University.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Computer science
• Programming principles, techniques and languages
• Current tools and technologies (GIT, CI, XML/XSLT, JSON, API, Powershell, ColdFusion, C# (ASP.Net), Java, HTML5, and CSS)
• Databases and data structure
• Systems integration
• Application development
Skill & Ability to:
• Integrate disparate systems/programs
• Communicate with technical and non-technical users and translate their needs, ideas, or suggestions into logical solutions to problems
• Take ownership of a project from start to finish
• Analyze and resolve information system errors
• Use and apply standard principles, theories and concepts of computer programming and design
• Organize, manage, and work on multiple priorities
Comments: The right candidate will have an eagerness to learn and apply new technology. The ability to be well-organized, self-motivated, work unsupervised with strong self-management skills is desired. Experience with Sharepoint and uPortal is desired. SDSU is a tobacco free environment. It is the policy of the University to maintain a drug-free environment and to thereby establish, promote, and maintain a safe and healthy working and learning environment for employees and students. This position is subject to South Dakota State University’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy 4:14. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Benefits: SDSU offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee, spouse, and dependents; life insurance; long-term disability insurance; paid holidays; educational assistance; retirement plans; and a generous vacation accrual and sick day allowance.