Software Engineer III
Job posting number: #7066347
Posted: May 20, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Position will remain open until filled; however, for full consideration, apply by June 3, 2020.
We seek candidates with a commitment to working effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Please complete the online application and attach required documents. Required documents include a detailed cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three (3) professional references with current contact details, including email addresses.
This position is eligible for the following benefits: medical, vision, dental, basic and supplemental life, winter break closure, paid holidays, educational benefits for you and eligible dependents, sick leave, vacation, and retirement.
Posting Number 20162934S
This position is a core member of the software engineering team skilled in all aspects of the software development processes, tools, programming languages, and frameworks used by the software engineering team. Leads and coordinates design and development efforts on new software development projects. Translates requirements into task specifications for junior-level developers to complete. Develops complex enhancements for custom applications. Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and designs solutions for bugs found in software maintained by the software engineering team.
1. Application Development & Maintenance – Designs the implementation details of custom software development projects. Develops integration and load tests for software development projects. Provides expert knowledge on maintaining and debugging live software systems. Works with project teams to refine broad project goals and requirements into more detailed ones. Translates detailed requirements into well-defined features and tasks.
2. Development Lead/Technical Lead – Coordinates with the project manager and development team to ensure that each iteration of a software development project is planned out in appropriate detail and that the work is appropriately assigned and documented. Ensures that planned work fits within the scope of the project and development cycle. Coordinates with the project manager to ensure that the completed work is reviewed by key stakeholders and meets the acceptance criteria for the project.
3. Mentoring and Research – Mentors subordinate developers and peers by performing code reviews and providing feedback on designs and prototypes. Coaches student and subordinate developers on good software development practices. Researches and presents new software development tools that may be used by the team. Develops prototypes that utilize these tools in order to evaluate if it is appropriate to use for upcoming software development projects.
4. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field or equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered
• 3 or more years of work experience as a software engineer or software developer
• Experience working with 3 or more of the following technologies: Java, Groovy, Node.js, Angular, SQL, Python, Java Spring Framework, Grails
• Experience with unit test frameworks
• Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
• Prior experience working in a higher education work environment
• Experience managing Tomcat application servers
• Experience with Node.js process managers
• Experience with Agile software development
• Experience developing in containers for Kubernetes environments
Department Information and Technology Office
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package including health benefits, paid time off, and education benefits for employees and qualified dependents.
Job Open Date 05/20/2020
Posting Close Date
Job Category Administrative appointment
Planning Unit Information Technology
Typical work expectations are Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00; however, candidates must be willing to work evenings and/or weekends if necessary.
Expected hours worked per week 40+ hours per week