Information Technology Security Analyst
Job posting number: #7062254
Posted: November 8, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPosition Summary
This position will function under the general guidance and supervision of the Information Technology Security Director. The analyst will be responsible for supporting security efforts to include: information security risk assessment and mitigation; management and compliance with security policies, standards, procedures, and regulations; monitoring and responding to information security issues, alerts, and threats; assisting with incident response and disaster recovery activities; and assisting with university security awareness training.
Austin Peay State University is a vibrant, growing university, located on a beautiful campus close to downtown Clarksville and the Cumberland River. Clarksville, Tennessee, is the state’s fifth largest and youngest city. Austin Peay is a four-year public, master’s level university, which began offering its first doctoral degree fall 2018. Austin Peay’s strategic plan focuses on five goals that will guide the University through the next 10 years. The five goals are growing enrollment, building student success, sustaining University growth, expanding diversity and enhancing communication.
For more information about Austin Peay State University visit: https://www.apsu.edu/
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct security audits and prepare reports to identify potential problems related to hardware systems, software systems, access controls, and to satisfy state and federal regulations.
• Monitor and respond to security alerts and threats impacting critical network and software systems.
• Research and assist in the implementation of security systems, tools, and best practices to support the security posture of the university.
• Assist with incident response and disaster recovery activities as needed
• Assist with the development and enforcement of security policies, plans, standards and procedures.
• Assist with implementing and managing security awareness training for the university.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of IT security standards, frameworks, and best practices.
• Detailed familiarity with technical environments, including network infrastructures, server environments, operating systems, databases and software application development.
• Knowledge of IT security systems and tools.
• Strong organization and communications skills.
Sedentary- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
Demonstrable knowledge of IT security concepts.
A background check will be required of the successful candidate.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience in higher education
Security+. Equivalent or higher information security certification